About four years have gone. Gone.
I don’t feel old and don’t feel like I am missing out on life or that time flies by unnoticed – that is, until I put a date to something.
Like now – when I look at the last blog posted around 2013 – that’
s four years, almost one and a half thousand days.
tic toc tic toc
my mind starts drifting to how many hours of paid work I could have done in this amount of time – let me do an exercise:
Say 1000 days (for ease of calculation – I’m not the worlds greatest mathematician)
- I sleep for 8 hours a day,
- eat for about one hour a day, prep and clean up food dishes included in the hour.
- Personal hygiene is about an hour a day .
- Then we have weekends (or days off) about 200 days (no formula for this, basically a thumb suck)
- Anyway this would leave me 800 days of 14hours a day = 11 200 hours
- 11200 hours at basic pay rate of £7.10 per hour = £79 520
- Less Tax, NI, pension and all the other stuff that’s taken off before we even get it – this would amount to around £19 000 (correct me if im wrong)
- So netting £60 520 – less monthly rent, council tax, water, electric, gas, phone, internet, tv licence, etc…… you know, all the necessary things to live before we look at what it takes to actually make sure the body we are occupying is able to cope. My guesstimate for these costs over 1000 days is £35000.
- This leaves around £25520 – putting aside 15520 for clothing, food, furnishings, make up and other incidentials would leave £10000.
- This leave about £10 a day – not really much in the bigger scheme of things. If I look at the fact that I used to smoke which cost £7 a day – this would have just about taken care of that.
- Well now that I don’t smoke any more and should essentially have an extra £10 per day for spending or saving – why don’t I?
So now Im over depressing myself, let me make a plan on what to blog going forward.
I have been working and have a host of stories to share so maybe thats where I will begin….
Yours in time x