Some say words are cheap but when I think of the most memorable, romantic or saddest tragic stories. The words used in these stories are what provokes one to think of the story, event or people involved. Just a few words can make you visualise an entire scene. It is the words that are used.
- You complete me
- My world would not be a world without you in it
- Romeo, where forth art thou,
to name a few,
It amazes me how words, a simple line or phrase you have heard in life can conjure up an entire scene, you can almost feel the moment.
Songs I have loved have been those with lyrics that were meaningful to me and clever lyrics,
- round, like a circle in a spiral or a wheel within a wheel never ending or beginning in an ever spinning reel.
- picture yourself in a boat on the river, tangerine trees and marmalade skies.
- Never seen you looking as lovely as you do tonight
- a man who will fight for your honour
all words that just hearing them make me think of people, times in life and things that have happened. Just hearing a couple of words from a song usually gets me humming or singing all the words to the song.
No, I don’t think words are cheap. I think our world would be much poorer without them. Well, my life would be.